Our firm’s core business is property development. We develop projects across a number of sectors including residential, commercial and childcare. We have dealt with Mazzeo lawyers for a number of years on many legal matters and advisory services. Our experience with Mazzeo lawyers has been excellent and we could not more strongly recommend them. They have a great team, excellent customer service and extensive legal experience that always has been a great asset for us.
Appointing a solicitor when you have no connections with any legal firms is not easy. Mazzeos was suggested to us by a friend and from the outset Nick, Tom and their team gave us great confidence that we had made the right choice. At times during the last twelve months challenging decisions had to be made in a complex case. We were given all the alternatives with recommendations and with Mazzeos help we managed to navigate our way to a satisfactory result.
I worked with Nick and his team on a complex legal matter over a couple of years. I felt supported every step of the way. The team at Mazzeo Lawyers was always available and they genuinely cared about me and my family, and about the outcome of our case. Their lawyers are honest, they are experts in their fields, and they are really there when you need them. I will continue to use Mazzeo Lawyers for all legal matters. It’s a relationship built on trust and respect.
My experience as a client working with the team at Mazzeo Lawyers made a prolonged, complex and sensitive case more bearable to endure. Throughout the process, I felt I had an outstanding team behind me. At times, they went above and beyond. Despite the many challenges, their professionalism and expertise ultimately provided me with an excellent outcome. I will forever be grateful to Nick Mazzeo and his talented team.
We have worked with Nick Mazzeo for over 30 years. Since the beginning we have always felt Nick has expressed sincere dedication and a keen desire to ‘want’ to assist you. He has always shown immense knowledge and compassion. We believe that the ‘win’ outcome is important, however the process for us is far more significant. When a legal case is taken on by the team at Mazzeo Lawyers, personally or professionally they work comprehensively to provide the best outcome.
Workers’ Compensation Claims
Can I make a Workcover claim?
If you have been injured either physically or psychologically in your workplace, then it is likely you will be eligible to make a Workcover claim. If you are the partner, child or dependent of someone that has died as a result of their employment, then it is likely you will be eligible to make a Workcover claim. Speak with Tom or Cassandra to discuss whether you are eligible to make a Workcover claim.
What type of Workcover claim can I make?
There are generally 4 types of claims you may be eligible to make: –
1. Claim for weekly payments and medical & like expenses.
2. Claim for impairment benefits.
3. Serious injury/Common law claim.
4. Death claim.
What Workcover compensation can I claim?
What you are able to claim depends on the type of claim. For each type of claim you may be eligible to access the following compensation: –
1. Claim for weekly payments and medical & like expenses:
– Weekly payments
– Medical expenses including treatment, medication and rehabilitation
– Like expenses including cost of transport to and from medical appointments, retraining domestic modifications and domestic assistance
2. Claim for impairment benefits:
– Lump sum monetary compensation
3. Serious injury/Common law claim:
– Pain and suffering compensation
– Loss of earning capacity (past and future)
4. Death claim:
– Lump sum monetary compensation
– Weekly pension
– Reimbursement of expenses (funeral, burial and counselling)
What are the time limits to making a Workcover claim?
Generally, the following time limits apply: –
1. Claim for weekly payments: 30 days from the date of the injury.
2. Claim for medical & like expenses: 30 days of the date of the injury.
3. Claim for impairment benefits: once an initial work injury claim has been lodged then a claim for impairment benefits cannot be made before the expiry of the period of 12 months after the date of the worker’s injury.
4. Serious injury/Common law claim: 6 years from the date of the accident.
5. Death claim: 2 years from the date of death.
In exceptional circumstances a claim can be made after the expiration of the strict time limits that apply.
For legal advice about time limits contact Tom or Cassandra to discuss further.
What are the legal costs of making a Workcover claim?
Legal costs vary depending on the specific circumstances of each claim. Mazzeo lawyers usually act for clients making a TAC claim on a no win/no fee basis. Discuss further with Tom or Cassandra.