Our firm’s core business is property development. We develop projects across a number of sectors including residential, commercial and childcare. We have dealt with Mazzeo lawyers for a number of years on many legal matters and advisory services. Our experience with Mazzeo lawyers has been excellent and we could not more strongly recommend them. They have a great team, excellent customer service and extensive legal experience that always has been a great asset for us.
Appointing a solicitor when you have no connections with any legal firms is not easy. Mazzeos was suggested to us by a friend and from the outset Nick, Tom and their team gave us great confidence that we had made the right choice. At times during the last twelve months challenging decisions had to be made in a complex case. We were given all the alternatives with recommendations and with Mazzeos help we managed to navigate our way to a satisfactory result.
I worked with Nick and his team on a complex legal matter over a couple of years. I felt supported every step of the way. The team at Mazzeo Lawyers was always available and they genuinely cared about me and my family, and about the outcome of our case. Their lawyers are honest, they are experts in their fields, and they are really there when you need them. I will continue to use Mazzeo Lawyers for all legal matters. It’s a relationship built on trust and respect.
My experience as a client working with the team at Mazzeo Lawyers made a prolonged, complex and sensitive case more bearable to endure. Throughout the process, I felt I had an outstanding team behind me. At times, they went above and beyond. Despite the many challenges, their professionalism and expertise ultimately provided me with an excellent outcome. I will forever be grateful to Nick Mazzeo and his talented team.
We have worked with Nick Mazzeo for over 30 years. Since the beginning we have always felt Nick has expressed sincere dedication and a keen desire to ‘want’ to assist you. He has always shown immense knowledge and compassion. We believe that the ‘win’ outcome is important, however the process for us is far more significant. When a legal case is taken on by the team at Mazzeo Lawyers, personally or professionally they work comprehensively to provide the best outcome.
Can I make a TAC claim?
If you have been injured either physically or psychologically as a result of a transport accident, then it is likely you will be eligible to make a TAC claim.
Speak with Tom or Cassandra to discuss whether you are eligible to make a TAC claim.
What type of TAC claim can I make?
What TAC compensation can I claim?
What you are able to claim depends on the type of claim. For each type of claim you may be eligible to access the following compensation: –
- Claim for weekly payments and medical & like expenses:
- Weekly payments
- Medical expenses including treatment, medication and rehabilitation
- Like expenses including cost of transport to and from medical appointments, retraining domestic modifications and domestic assistance
- Claim for impairment benefits:
- Lump sum monetary compensation
- Common law claim:
- Pain and suffering compensation
- Loss of earning capacity (past and future)
What are the time limits to making a TAC claim?
Generally, the following time limits apply: –
- Claim for weekly payments: 12 months from the date of the accident or the injury manifesting.
- Claim for medical & like expenses: within 3 years of the date of the accident or 2 years of the date of incurring the expense.
- Claim for impairment benefits: 6 years from the date of the accident or the injury manifesting.
- Common law claim: 6 years from the date of the accident.
In exceptional circumstances a claim can be made after the expiration of the strict time limits that apply. If a time limit expiry has occurred to you, then you should contact us as soon as possible.