Our firm’s core business is property development. We develop projects across a number of sectors including residential, commercial and childcare. We have dealt with Mazzeo lawyers for a number of years on many legal matters and advisory services. Our experience with Mazzeo lawyers has been excellent and we could not more strongly recommend them. They have a great team, excellent customer service and extensive legal experience that always has been a great asset for us.
Appointing a solicitor when you have no connections with any legal firms is not easy. Mazzeos was suggested to us by a friend and from the outset Nick, Tom and their team gave us great confidence that we had made the right choice. At times during the last twelve months challenging decisions had to be made in a complex case. We were given all the alternatives with recommendations and with Mazzeos help we managed to navigate our way to a satisfactory result.
I worked with Nick and his team on a complex legal matter over a couple of years. I felt supported every step of the way. The team at Mazzeo Lawyers was always available and they genuinely cared about me and my family, and about the outcome of our case. Their lawyers are honest, they are experts in their fields, and they are really there when you need them. I will continue to use Mazzeo Lawyers for all legal matters. It’s a relationship built on trust and respect.
My experience as a client working with the team at Mazzeo Lawyers made a prolonged, complex and sensitive case more bearable to endure. Throughout the process, I felt I had an outstanding team behind me. At times, they went above and beyond. Despite the many challenges, their professionalism and expertise ultimately provided me with an excellent outcome. I will forever be grateful to Nick Mazzeo and his talented team.
We have worked with Nick Mazzeo for over 30 years. Since the beginning we have always felt Nick has expressed sincere dedication and a keen desire to ‘want’ to assist you. He has always shown immense knowledge and compassion. We believe that the ‘win’ outcome is important, however the process for us is far more significant. When a legal case is taken on by the team at Mazzeo Lawyers, personally or professionally they work comprehensively to provide the best outcome.
Public Liability Claims
What is public liability claim?
A public liability claim arises when the negligence of a person, business or organisation causes injury to you.
Common examples include: –
– falls in supermarkets,
– falls on unsafe footpaths,
– falls on public or private property;
– unsafe premises (such as balconies and stairs);
– health and fitness injuries (such as massage or personal training)
– boat and water-sport injuries;
– food poisoning;
– bike accidents that do not involve a vehicle;
– dog bites,
– accidents in hotels and rental accommodation,
– injuries sustained at schools,
– parks or
– sporting venues.
Can I make a public liability claim?
If you have suffered an injury (either physical or mental injury) as a result of the negligence, then you may be able to make a claim.
What compensation can I claim?
What you are able to claim depends on the specifics of your case. Generally, you are able to claim for the following: –
1. Pain and suffering compensation.
2. Loss of earning capacity (past and future).
3. Medical and like expenses (past and future).
4. Costs associated with the care you have been provided by loved ones (e.g. if a family member gives up their time to provide care and assistance to you while you are incapacitated) (past and future).
5. Loss of capacity to provide voluntary care to your dependents (e.g. if your injury prevents you from caring for someone who depends on you) (past and future).
What are the time limits to making a public liability claim?
Generally you have 3 years from the date of injury in which to bring the claim. In exceptional circumstances a claim can be made after the expiration of the strict time limits that apply.