Worker’s Compensation is designed to protect you if you have been injured in the workplace. The amount of compensation can vary from weekly instalments to a large lump sum payment. Medical bills and other associated expenses are often included as well.

WorkSafe, also known as “WorkCover”, will not give you independent legal advice. Within 30 days of your accident speak to a lawyer – the sooner the better. You will need to notify your employer and also arrange to see a doctor but we can guide you through the steps you need to take. Read more about Workers’ Compensation.

Transport Accident Commission (TAC) claims cover accidents caused directly by driving a motor vehicle such as a car, motorbike, bus, train or tram. You can also claim if you were a passenger, pedestrian, or cyclist and were injured in a traffic accident.

The TAC is ‘no fault’ which means that even if the accident was your fault you may be able to make a claim. The first thing you need to do is speak with us and we will help you gather the right information you need for a successful claim. Read more about TAC claims.

Accident Compensation is a payment that you may be entitled to if you were injured in an accident that was someone else’s fault. Accident Compensation may also cover accidents from a workplace injury, traffic accidents or slips and trips. If you make a claim you may be awarded lost earnings, medical expenses and also compensation for your pain and suffering.

But please note that WorkSafe, also known as “WorkCover”, will not give you independent legal advice. Call our offices and one of our lawyers will answer your questions. Read more about Accident Compensation.

Negligence is the failure of someone to demonstrate a reasonable duty of care. If someone’s carelessness or actions have led to a failure to protect you from harm or injury and their wrong-doing has had a negative effect on you there may be a case of negligence to answer.

To determine the extent of the negligence and build a strong case in your favour we advise that you call us to discuss your situation as soon as possible. Read more about Medical Negligence.

Superannuation Total Permanent Disablement provides financial benefit if you are no longer able to work due to mental or physical disability.

To make a claim for Total Permanent Disability payments you will need to demonstrate that your injury or illness has stopped you from being able to work in your usual job or any other occupation that is covered by your skills, training and education.

If your claim is successful you can get early access to your superannuation fund. To discuss your claim, call our office and we will make sure you have the best outcome possible. Read more about Superannuation Total Permanent Disablement.

Sexual Harassment is any unwelcome or offensive sexual behaviour directed towards you. Things such as unwanted pornographic material, comments, leering, gestures, insults or jokes are all covered by sexual harassment laws. Sexual harassment can happen to anyone and anywhere, irrespective of age, gender or status.

Sexual assault is any sexual behaviour without your consent that leaves you feeling humiliation, fear, intimidated or in pain. It includes rape, incest, and unwanted touching. Sexual assault is a very serious crime.

There are many different laws that can be applied to sexual harassment and assault. If you or someone you know has been sexually assaulted call our office in confidence and we will help you with your claim to get a result that will help the recovery process. Read more about Sexual Harassment and Assault.

Civil Assault is a crime of violence causing injury, serious or otherwise, intentionally, recklessly or with negligence.

If someone has used force against you without a lawful excuse you may be entitled to claim against civil assault.

Likewise someone may have implicated you as assaulting them and you disagree with the charges. To find out what your rights are and the options available to you call our office and speak with one of our experienced lawyers. Read more about Civil Assault.

If you are a victim of crime in Victoria, you can claim government funded financial compensation and counselling to help you recover and get back on your feet. To get Crime Compensation you need to be able to fulfil certain criteria. Speak with one of our team and we will help you through the process and build the best claim for your situation. Read more about Crime Compensation.

Get in touch

Got a question that isn’t here?
Please call us directly on:
Call: +61 3 9670 5999